Education (Art and Design) at Cork Institute of Technology is recognised and accredited by the Teaching Council of Ireland for the purpose of registration as a post-primary teacher of Art and Design in Ireland and the EU.
The programme integrates three strands of study.
- Firstly, it involves the student in direct teaching of Art and Design through two, year-long school placements.
- Secondly, students attend a range of art and design workshops and lectures that broaden the student’s subject knowledge to meet the demands of the post-primary Art and Design curricula along with exploring Art and Design Pedagogy.
- Thirdly, students attend lectures and tutorials at both CIT CCAD and UCC, which develop student teachers’ requisite professional knowledge, skills, understanding and competences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In Year 1, students undertake 60 credits of learning:School-based activity (30 credits) i.e.,- direct teaching of Art and Design (20 credits) and a- research and professional experiences portfolio (10 credits);Curriculum-related Art and Design Practice, and the Teaching of Art and Design 1 (10 credits)
- In Year 2, students undertake a further 60 credits of learning:School placement-related activity (30 credits) i.e.,- direct teaching of Art and Design (20 credits) and a- collaborative seminar looking at contemporary issues in Irish schools (10 credits);The Teaching of Art and Design 2 (5 credits);Foundation Seminar is (5 credits);Professional Research Paper in Education (20 credits).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Design Visual Arts View 46 other Masters in Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Professional Master of Education (Art and Design) (Year Two) €4,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.