This future-facing new Global Media Industries course at King's College London is specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary media industry professionals and students.
You will learn the vital importance of the different political, cultural and economic dynamics in the digital and global media industries through exposure to a range of local, regional and transnational examples.
With its mix of theoretical, and sector-based knowledge and skills development, our course will provide you with a critical grounding, conceptual understanding, practical experience, applied knowledge, real-world insights, and the opportunity to not only understand but to reimagine the future of the global media industries.
- Study at the UK’s market-leading university for degrees in this field, located at the heart of London’s media industries.
- Gain knowledge of the media industries across national and international contexts, with a unique focus on London.
- Choose from a range of specialist modules (eg. Children, Media Industries & Culture, Fashion, Culture & Society, Cultural & Creative Industries in China).
- Take advantage of our strong links with both London and International media organisations providing up-to-date knowledge of current debates and trends.
- Take part in lectures, workshops and live briefs from leading media industry professionals.
- Prepare yourself for a career in the cultural, creative and media industries.
Career prospectsGraduates from our Department use the skills and knowledge that they develop with us to pursue careers in arts management, curating, the film industry, museums, teaching, journalism, and a range of other cultural and creative roles within the global media industries. Others have continued their studies with further research.
- Global Media Industries: Perspectives & Approaches
- Media Industry Innovations: Collaborative Project
- London Media Industries
- Children, Media Industries & Culture
- Cultural & Creative Industries in China
- Cultural Markets
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Business Media Studies & Mass Media View 452 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree in any discipline. For those returning to study, evidence of appropriate experience will be required. A written personal statement, emphasising both qualifying background and reasons for selecting this programme, will be required. A sample of academic writing should be submitted.
- The personal statement should explain why you wish to apply for this programme and why you feel it matches your interests, academic background, and, if relevant, your career plans.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £4,995per year
- Overseas fees: £12,250 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.