This Master in Music, Communication and Technology at University of Oslo will give you the personal skills and technical tools required to work out solutions to contemporary societal challenges in international and interdisciplinary teams.
Music has the ability to move people, physically and emotionally, and music technologies are unique in their focus on providing high-quality aesthetic experiences. Speaking with others through cables is not the same as meeting face to face, and playing music through screens and speakers is different from being in a real club setting. In the Music, Communication and Technology (MCT) Master's programme you will explore the possibilities (and limitations) of existing audiovisual communication, and will learn to develop new technologies, with a musical touch.
- has advanced knowledge in the interdisciplinary field of music technology, with specialized insights in technologies aimed at real-time (musical) communication
- has thorough knowledge of acoustics, music cognition, machine learning, and human-computer interaction
- can apply the knowledge to new areas, such as sonic interaction design, audiovisual communication, auditory displays, virtual reality, music information retrieval, and distributed multimedia systems
- can analyze academic problems on the basis of the historical development, technological limitations, cognitive foundations and aesthetic implications of music-related communication technologies
More informationVisit official programme website
- Physical-virtual communication and music
- Entrepreneurship for MCT
- Research methods, tools and issues in MCT
- Introduction to Music, Communication and Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesMusic View 6 other Masters in Music in Norway
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.