Furthermore, the programme provides the student with knowledge and skills to adapt to a changing working life and ability to contribute to development in society and working life.
The MSc in Sociology from Lund University prepares students for PhD studies in Sociology as well as for advanced professional work in sociological inquiries and community planning. The programme allows students considerable freedom to select courses according to interest and future needs. The programme enables students to develop critical thinking, analytical skills and ability to conduct societal analysis, as well as to acquire specialised knowledge of sociology. On completion of the programme, students are awarded a degree of Master of Science (120 credits) specialising in Sociology.
The programme provides you with both the background knowledge and the practical skills needed to work in a broad range of fields including governmental, non-governmental and the private sector.
You will be prepared for a future career as a policy maker, a leader or a practitioner working in government agencies, private companies or NGOs, or alternatively, for doctoral studies and a continued academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classical and Contemporary Theory
- Methods and Social Analysis
- Modern Classics
- Participatory Methods of Change and Development
- Methods of Text and Discourse Analysis
- Evaluation Research – Theories and Methods
- Quantitative Methods: Multivariate Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree is required that includes at least 90 credits or equivalent of studies in Sociology or the equivalent.
- The applicants estimated capacity to complete the programme is the primary criterion for selection. Students who fulfill the special eligibility requirements are selected on the basis of their previous study results (grades on courses and Bachelor s degree essay), proficiency in English and letter of intent.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.