The Continental Philosophy program offered by Staffordshire University guides students through the work of key philosophers in the European tradition including Kant, Nietzsche, Heidegger and Foucault. You’ll gain a broad knowledge and understanding of philosophy, learning from our experienced staff. The course is taught and assessed entirely online, giving you the freedom to study anytime, anywhere.
The Continental (or European) tradition is the most influential branch of philosophical enquiry. It provides essential knowledge for the study of social, cultural, political, media, literary or art theory.
We welcome anyone studying simply out of interest and a passion for the subject, but also those working towards a specific career. You may also wish to study as preparation for a PhD.
- Arts and media
- Further academic study
The programme comprises the modules:
- Transcendence and the Body (Kant and Nietzsche)
- Phenomenology and Ontology (Heidegger and later phenomenological thought)
- Knowledge and Politics (Foucault, epistemology and political philosophy)
- 13 months
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Liberal Arts View 27 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
- You’ll need an undergraduate degree in Philosophy, 2:1 or higher (or equivalent), or an appropriate level of interest and relevant experience.
International7610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8245 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National7610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8245 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
- Study option UK / Channel Islands/ International :Full-time - £8,245 per course
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.