The Molecular Biology program offered by Staffordshire University is designed for health professionals who want to understand its impact on biomedicine and related subjects. It will also be of interest to those working in other areas of biology where molecular biology has applications.
The course will enable you to study areas of molecular biology of particular interest or relevance to your employment. It includes a workplace project which you can tailor to be highly relevant to your current work and interests.
The course is designed to be flexible, with the majority being delivered online, plus two practical weeks in our laboratories, where you can put your learning into practice. You can choose to study full-time or part-time, and we offer September or February start dates.
The theory is delivered using our online Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment. You’ll interact with other students on the course through online discussion groups and receive excellent support from your tutors.
The course is designed to aid your career advancement in any field where molecular biology is relevant. Or you may be looking to change or re-focus your career in this direction.
- Chronic Multi-factorial Disease
- Infectious disease
- Current Developments In Genetics
- Medical Genetics and Genomics
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Negotiated Learning Module
- MSc Molecular Biology Project
- Practical DNA Analysis
- Principles Of Molecular Biology
- 13 months
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The earlier you apply, the better. International applicants are encouraged to apply for courses at the beginning of the academic year.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 119 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
- You’ll normally need a minimum 2:2 honours degree or international equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Accredited professional qualifications or vocational experience can be considered, and we strongly encourage anyone interested in the course to get in touch.
International15461 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16750 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National7809 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8460 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.