St George's, University of London shares its campus with one of the largest teaching hospitals, making it the ideal place to study the Physician Associate Studies programme. With unrivalled access to clinical resources and working professionals, the course will fully equip you with all the skills and knowledge required to support doctors in the diagnosis and management of patients.
When you graduate with a Masters' in Physician Associate Studies from St George’s you open a world of opportunities. The sheer breadth of experience that you will gain on the course means you are assured of a varied and exciting career.
We are proud to boast an outstanding employment record upon graduation. Our unrivalled reputation for excellence means you can expect to secure rewarding positions in GP practices and acute trusts throughout the UK.
The course is very demanding but incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. Our multidisciplinary approach means that by the end of it you will be able to:
- safely practice in a wide variety of clinical settings within your scope of practice and under agreed supervision
- be an excellent communicator who is empathic in a manner appropriate to a healthcare professional
- critically examine health inequalities and the challenges of working in a multicultural environment
- be aware of the limits of your competence and committed to acting within these limits
- critically evaluate the context of multi-professional working in a team environment
- be adept in the use of communication and information technology skills for healthcare
- critically appraise the evidence underpinning your practice
- be a capable and motivated lifelong learner who is continually engaged in active professional development
- understand the need to maintain and promote health, as well as to cure or palliate disease, and be aware of your obligations to the wider community, as well as to individuals
- integrate theoretical and clinical learning.
- Applied Pharmacology
- Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare
- Clinical Medicine
- Investigations in Clinical Medicine
- Personal and Professional Development for Physician Associates
- Physician Associate Applied Clinical Knowledge and Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You should have or be expected to achieve, a minimum of a second class degree (2:2). For healthcare graduates, a pass is required. All degrees must be awarded before 1 August on the year of entry.
- Human Physiology is a necessity for all applicants.
- If your degree does not contain Human Physiology, you will need to complete some Physiology study in order to be eligible for the course. Alternative evidence of recent Physiology academic study (NVQ Level 4 and above) will be considered.
- You will be asked to submit a personal statement with your application. This statement should outline your reasons for applying for the course, demonstrate evidence of experience and what transferable skills you learnt from this experience. The personal statement will be considered at various stages in the application process including if you are invited to interview.
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10750 GBP per year during 24 months.
- International (including EU)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.