Structural Engineering at University College Dublin is a continually evolving profession, and through the third Semester Research Project you will learn how to apply this specialist knowledge to develop new concepts and ideas under the supervision of research active academic staff. This programme will distinguish you as having specialist knowledge in the area of Structural Engineering and provide you with a competitive edge over your peers in the job market.
Modules are taught by a combination of experienced academic staff and senior industry practitioners to provide students with the conceptual and managerial perspectives vital to a successful career in structural engineering.
CareerThe graduates would typically follow careers in structural engineering consultancy, engineering contracting, construction management, project planning both in Ireland and abroad. Employed at Masters levels graduates can expect more responsibility, and faster professional progression, earlier in their careers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Realising Built Projects
- Advanced Structural Analysis and Design
- Innovation Leadership
- Structural Dynamics
- Structural Research Project
- Fibre Reinforced Composites
- Quantitative Methods for Engineers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 13 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with minimum 2:1 award or international equivalence in a Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering degree programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s Pre-Sessional or International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8085 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4135
- nonEU fee per year - € 12800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.