Designed to offer postgraduate education to healthcare professionals and nurses in a range of clinical environments and geographical settings, this MSc Health Studies from University of Dundee is ideal for UK based and international healthcare professionals to develop personally and professionally.
You will develop your ways of thinking, helping you to become an independent learner who thinks creatively to solve problems using evidence-based approaches. These include critical reflection, application of theory, and critical appraisal.
You will develop as a leader in a changing health care landscape. You'll be able to contribute to improving health outcomes for the population you work in, reducing health inequalities, and transforming lives.
You can choose to study from a range of areas to suit your interests, such as:
- the relationship between risk management and patient safety
- the assessment, care and management of acutely or critically ill adults
- the understanding and application of leaderships skills and change management
- prescribing safely, appropriately and cost-effectively
This course is offered on a part-time basis and delivered through online distance learning. A small number of modules are also delivered partly face-to-face for locally based students.
The course is mainly delivered online and will include:
- online learning resources including video
- discussion boards and web conferences
- web based activities and quizzes
You will progress to your dissertation and will be allocated a supervisor.
On completion of this course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to develop as a leader in a changing healthcare landscape.
This course also facilitates the development of graduate, lifelong learning skills (such as critical reflection, critical thinking, problem-solving and the use of evidence-based practice) to enhance your professional and academic skills. This will maximise the opportunities for your career development and progression in healthcare.
- Quality Improvement in Action
- Meeting the needs of older people in diverse care settings
- Risk and Patient Safety
- Microbiology and its Application to Practice
- Acute and Critical Care
- Current Perspectives in Cardiovascular Disease
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally an ordinary degree but will accept 30 credits at SCQF Level 9 or equivalent.
- We operate a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) system by which students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry. We recognise that students applying for this course may have acquired significant learning from previous educational and life/work experience. We can offer potential students the opportunity of having such learning assessed for credit. This credit would go towards your application for this course.
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 42 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 42 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.