During this Digital Leadership programme from University of Gothenburg you will develop your own question and explore it while learning through project work, lectures, seminars, case studies, and individual supervision. Some of your classmates will already be active practitioners with experience, providing a mutually beneficial learning environment to explore the management and leadership aspects of digitalization.
Digitalization offers almost unlimited opportunities for firms, public authorities, and citizens. However, digitalization is a force without conscience, and existing markets, organizations, and technologies can be steamrolled, exacerbating and causing new societal challenges. Digital leadership requires the capability to navigate competing concerns of digitalization, but also actively orchestrate digital innovation processes. In order to preserve valuable learned experiences, we must learn to navigate a new landscape where digitalization needs coexist with established proven practices. Our newly developed master’s programme in Digital Leadership has adapted to this changing landscape by providing you with capabilities in five distinct areas: technological change, value creation, organizing, market logic, and strategy.
A balanced response to digitalization
Departing from technological change, our programme primarily focuses on management and leadership, and relates classical theories to contemporary research and current practice.
The overall purpose of the programme is to give you a deep understanding of how digitalization transforms society and to develop your capabilities for taking a leading role in embracing and shaping this transformation. We offer a broad theoretical foundation for understanding contemporary phenomena, and methods and techniques for analysing the implications of digitalization. This balance of theory and practice supports you in developing your practical skills to deal with change in complex environments.
Graduates receive the degree Master of Science with a major in Digital Leadership.
You will be prepared for a career that extends far beyond traditional positions in consulting and corporate IT Departments. As digitalization enters ever more spheres of society, the potential is there for jobs to be created for specific situations. You can take advantage of this increasingly digitalized landscape by carving out your own role or position in a place that interests you, or you can pursue existing roles like the following:
- innovation manager
- digital strategist
- digital designer
- chief information officer
- chief technology officer
- chief digital officer
- digital brand director
- head of digital platforms
- digital marketing manager
- content acquisition manager
- digital transformation officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our mandatory courses introduce key concepts within the area of innovation strategy, governance and control, digital infrastructure, and organizing in the context of an increasingly digitalized society.
- Building upon this solid foundation, you will have the opportunity to pursue your individual interests with elective courses.
- You can deepen your perspective on digitalization of society through selected courses in entrepreneurship and innovation and research methods, or you can opt to broaden your education with optional courses offered by the University of Gothenburg or at another university in Sweden or abroad.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 55 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree 180 credits including an independent project (degree project) of at least 15 credits or equivalent. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
International13629 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27259 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 286 000 SEK
- First payment: 71 500 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.