The Modern Languages programme at University College Dublin will appeal both to students wishing to develop deep familiarity with the cultures of one language area and those looking for a more broad exploration of the cultures of two language areas.
- Cultural institutions across Europe and the world
- Global companies requiring graduates with highly advanced language skills and cultural insight
- Teaching professions
- PhD research and an academic career
- Journalism and Broadcasting
- EU, Public and Civil Service
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fifty Years of Formalism: the Legacy of the Nouveau Roman
- L'écriture migrante dans le monde francophone contemporain
- Voltaire: Redefining the Hero
- 1930s French Cinema
- Translation Studies: Theoretical Approaches
- German literature and 19th-/20th-century opera: Translation/transformation from page to opera stage
- Vienna 1900
- Italian Linguistics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 20 other Masters in Linguistics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants need to present a primary degree in one or more languages, with an overall award of at least Second Class Honours, Grade 1. They also need to present two references from academic referees willing to comment on their intellectual ability, maturity and motivation.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (with no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7320 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4390
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.