The multidisciplinary approach of the Technical Physician programme delivered by Furtwangen University gives varied insights into innovative technologies and cutting-edge technical medicine methods and equipment, based on a solid technical and medical background.
The demand for specialists with both medical and technical know-how is growing. The multi-disciplinary outlook of the Technical Physician MSc programme offers comprehensive insights into innovative technologies and the latest methods and devices used in technical medicine. In addition the programme teaches many aspects of human medicine. Graduates with a Technical Physician degree have outstanding opportunities in many fields of medicine and medical engineering.
Good reasons to study at Furtwangen University
- First class career perspectives after graduation from a university which has many years of experience in medical engineering programmes
- Gain human, medical and engineering skills
- Multidisciplinary programme with varied insights into the innovative technologies, methods and devices used in technical medicine
- Independent execution of scientifically based research projects
- Networking through project cooperation with hospitals, industry and research institutions
- Mixed team of highly competent and motivated lecturers from medicine, industry and the University
- Small study groups with personal supervision and support
- Opportunity to train in perfusion at HFU as accredited training centre for the European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (EBCP)
- Possibility for graduates to take a doctorate through cooperative PhD programmes with other universities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Technical Medicine
- Diagnostics in Selected Fields of Medicine
- Clinical Trials
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 20 other Masters in Human Medicine in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisite for admission is a first degree with 210 ECTS in the area of "Engineering" or "Life Sciences". Depending on pre-existing knowledge of medicine, medical engineering, etc., further courses of up to 30 credit points may be necessary. This is also the case with a bachelor's degree of 180 ECTS.
- Students can take additional elective modules in the first two taught semesters of the Technical Physician programme to gain further specialist skills in any given area.
- Good English language proficiency is necessary as some lectures are held in English.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.