The Master in Biomedical Engineering at the Furtwangen University provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to be able to work out solutions in the areas of diagnosis, therapy and the manufacture of medical technology and biomedical products. Taking into account the complexity of modern system solutions, particular focus is placed on model building and simulation methods to enable more efficient development cycles and more powerful and flexible solutions, as well as their implementation in concrete product ideas.
Why study Biomedical Engineering?
- Expertise at the interface between medicine, man and technology
- Doctorate opportunities
- Interdisciplinary degree programme with various specialization options (biomedicine or medical engineering)
- Research-oriented projects integrated in course
- Extensive cooperation projects with clinics, industry and research institutions
- Many years of experience in offering medical engineering bachelor's and master's programmes
- Lecturers are experts with scientific and industrial background
- Small groups and individual support
- First-class job prospects
- Well-respected university
Potential areas of employment
In core medical and biomedical research, engineers help solve fundamental problems and develop medical technologies. They work closely with other scientists, especially doctors.
Engineers develop and optimize medical devices, implants and technical aids used in the diagnosis and therapy of patients and the disabled. They also handle the medical approval for various markets.
- Medical Engineering in Hospitals
In hospitals, tasks for engineers range from the operation of complex systems and advising of doctors, to assistance in hospital planning and the planning and execution of patient studies.
- Product Management and Sales
As representatives of their company, engineers are the point of contact for doctors, pharmaceutical companies, technical nursing staff and administrative staff in hospitals. They are the link between the field sales force and the company's technical departments giving presentations and demonstrating medical devices, as well as making offers and managing sales negotiations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Red biotechnology
- Cellular biology
- Systems biology
- Signal processing
- Medical metrology
- Medical modelling
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 24 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University degree
- Fundamental principles of computer science, control systems, engineering mathematics, probability calculation and statistics, and basics of physiology/anatomy
- For the Medical Engineering elective, a basic knowledge of electronics and signal processing is required.
- For the Biomedical elective, a basic knowledge of cell and molecular biology as well as the principles of theoretical and practical biological laboratory work is required.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Villingen-Schwenningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.