You study cultural industries, institutions, texts, identities and practices from a critical perspective. You’ll explore the meaning of culture as politics and philosophy, and also:
- explore cultural innovation, promotion and value in a fast-changing world
- build a critical understanding of how business, technology and the law are redefining cultural practices today
- graduate with professional skills relevant to cultural and creative organisations in the private and public sectors.
Why choose this course?
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies research impact was rated outstanding or very considerable in terms of reach and significance in the most recent Research Excellence Framework
- You enjoy opportunities to apply for placements, including in the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove – a hub for cultural, creative and activist enterprise.
- With the Cultural and Creative Industries degree offered at University of Sussex you will gain awareness of the challenges within creative industry and culture in contemporary globalised societies and economies, which is an advantage in many areas of employment as well as further study.
CareersOur graduates have gone on to pursue careers in:
- media, digital, creative and cultural industries
- public relations
- development work
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural and Creative Industries Dissertation
- Cultural and Creative Industries: Industry Experience
- Body and Society: Representing Women
- Global News Industries
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Cultural and Creative Industries
- New Developments in Digital Media
- Promotional Culture
- Working in the Creative Industries: Critical frameworks
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Area & Cultural Studies View 470 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year for full-time students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.