The foundation of this programme draws on the work of Carl Rogers and the therapeutic relationship; the focusing work of Eugene Gendlin, and the dialogic and experiential work of the Gestalt tradition.
From this, the contemporary approach of Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) opens up greater access of human emotion, as it engages with a close interest in the growing understanding of neuroscience and how emotions function differently from cognition in the brain.
The Psychotherapeutic Practice - Humanistic programme from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David will be taught in small groups so that the students have a significant opportunity to engage in the practice and development of their therapeutic competence. In addition, students will be taught through formal lecture and seminar groups where there will be an opportunity to discuss with each other and the tutors, the rich, diverse and often complex issues addressed in the programme.
Successful completion of this programme will enable students to practice as fully qualified therapists. Typical pathways have included work within
- Social Care
- The Prison Service
- Emergency Services
- Charitable organisations and paid work within the voluntary sector
- Primary care
- Educational roles
- Social Researchers
- Framing Therapeutic Practice
- Therapy and Context
- Professional Practice and Therapist Competencies
- Research Methods and Practice
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 841 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A good standard undergraduate degree in a compatible subject in the Humanities or Social Sciences.
- An introductory skills course: evidence of what was covered and at what level will need to be produced at interview.
- Places for the course are offered subject to interview. Applicants for the programme will be given an opportunity to come and talk to the lecturers so that you can assess whether this is the course for you and we can also make that assessment.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.