Students on this Computational Sciences course at Freie Universität Berlin are trained to use precise mathematical and computer-based methods and to develop software to solve current scientific problems.
- The courses are predominantly offered in English.
- Lecturers belong to the fields of chemistry, physics, geosciences, mathematics and computer science involved in the course.
The four-semester master’s program combines theoretical and application-oriented content and is divided into the following four components:
- Synchronization area: Learning the basic methods of the "Computational Sciences" and developing an interdisciplinary profile in courses from an area that was not previously worked on in the respective Bachelor's degree
- "Scientific Computing" area: focus on numerics, statistics or computer science
- Area of specialization: Focus on one of the three scientific areas: Molecular Sciences or Geosciences or Atmospheric Sciences
- Master's thesis: Working on a research project from the chosen specialization area
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 98 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor program in:
- Chemistry of the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy at the Freie Universität Berlin including at least 10 credit points (CP) in mathematics and at least 8 CP in physics
- Physics of the Department of Physics at the Freie Universität Berlin
- Geological Sciences of the Department of Earth Sciences at the Freie Universität Berlin
- Meteorology of the Department of Earth Sciences at the Freie Universität Berlin including at least 10 CP in mathematics
- Geographical Sciences of the Department of Earth Sciences at the Freie Universität Berlin including at least 10 CP in mathematics
- Mathematics of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Freie Universität Berlin including at least 20 CP in computer science, chemistry and/or physics
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.