Students can choose to emphasize various fields in biochemistry, biodiversity, developmental biology, evolution, genetics, molecular biology, neurobiology, ecology, plant sciences, physiology, behavioral biology, and cell biology within their studies.
The program in Biology at Freie Universität Berlin utilizes model systems of plants, animals, and microorganisms, which permit students not only to gain a broad range of biology-specific knowledge, but also to develop an advanced focus on current fields of research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- New Frontiers in Neonatal Infection Biology
- Computational Molecular Biology
- Journal Club Computational Biology
- Current Structural Biology
- Gene Editing with CRISPR
- Molecular Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 64 other Masters in Biology in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Freie Universität Berlin or other equivalent degree from a program whose content and structure are commensurate with those of the abovementioned bachelor’s program.
- Proof of English skills (level B2 CEFR) for applicants whose first language is not English and whose degree was not obtained at an institution of higher education where English was the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.