You will have the opportunity to experience a range of techniques across microbiology, and the topics you will study, from the role of microbiology in medicine to molecular microbiology and epidemiology, will give you specialist knowledge and a variety of skills applicable to a range of careers in the field of biomedical sciences and microbiology.
This Medical Microbiology programme from Leeds Beckett University will be delivered through independent laboratory research and expert lectures. You will complete a range of activities and assignments, including group projects that will mirror the work environment by requiring you to work effectively as part of a laboratory team and produce reports to detail your findings.
You will be able to apply for practical laboratory-based roles, such as a research, diagnostic or healthcare scientist, and you will also be well placed should you want to apply for the NHS Scientist Training Programme. You could work for an organisation such as Public Health England, contributing to scientific research aimed at improving the health of the nation. You will also be thoroughly prepared for doctoral-level study.
- Clinical microbiologist
- Research technician
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparation for the MSc research project
- Science Communication
- Advanced Practical Skills in Biomedical Science
- Professional Development
- Advanced Medical Genetics
- Molecular Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Extended Lab Week
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Microbiology View 123 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a cognate subject, at least a second class honours (2.2) degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.