Health and Clinical Psychological Sciences at Birkbeck, University of London will deepen your understanding of the methods and insights of contemporary health and clinical psychological sciences, including applied neuroscience. You will develop your generic research skills, learn advanced quantitative and qualitative methods, and study how best to design and evaluate interventions.
The emphasis is on mixed-method approaches and we will support you in developing a cross-disciplinary approach to appraising research and carrying out an extended critical review.
On the Birkbeck, University of London's MA Health and Clinical Psychological Sciences, you conduct an extended critical review within an area of contemporary psychology, which involves formulating a research question, conducting a literature review, assessing arguments and the available evidence, and writing up your study in a format suitable for publication.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in psychology, health or related areas. Possible professions may include psychologist, counsellor or researcher. This degree may also be useful in becoming a further education lecturer.
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Critical review of research methodologies in psychological and clinical sciences
- Current Challenges in Health
- Generic Research Skills
- Intervention Design and Evaluation
- Neurocases and Clinical Assessments
- Neurocognitive Processes in Mental Health
- Qualitative Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 1768 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in psychology or a related discipline (e.g. neuroscience, nursing or health sciences).
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- Your personal details
- Your qualifications
- Your work experience
- Your personal statement
- Statistical information
- English proficiency
The application form
International16380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10170 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time home students: £5085 pa
- Part-time international students: £8190 pa
Living costs for London
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.