This Piano program from University of British Columbia is often a final academic step for the musician who wishes to enter the professional world, although it may prove an intermediate step for those wishing to prepare for doctoral training.
Performance candidates present a recital or opera performance in lieu of a thesis, while students in composition present a program of original works. A two-year residency is the norm.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Music Research
- Seminar in Performance Practices
- Song Interpretation
- Piano Chamber Ensembles
- Music Performance (Piano)
- Music Elective(s)
- Non-music Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 48 other Masters in Music in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally, applicants for a master's degree program must hold the academic equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from UBC including one of the following:
- A minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% at UBC) in third- and fourth-year courses.
- Academic standing with at least 12 credits of third- or fourth-year courses in the A grade range (80% or higher at UBC) in the field of study.
- Most three-year, Bologna-compliant degrees from research-intensive universities are acceptable as a basis for admission to master's programs at UBC.
International18645 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18645 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5095 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.