Students will deepen and broaden their interdisciplinary expertise by acquiring in-depth training in fisheries science, aquatic ecology, environmental physiology, natural resource economics, marine governance, and climate change. In doing so, students will develop the research capacity and knowledge translation skills necessary for rewarding careers in academia, industry, government, NGOs and consulting.
The University of British Columbia is highly ranked internationally, particularly in the ocean sciences, environmental sciences and animal biology. Studying in the Oceans and Fisheries program, you’ll be at a top international research university, learning from renowned faculty members committed to teaching excellence, and utilizing state-of-the-art facilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Fisheries Research: Seminars – Fisheries Management
- Statistics in Ecology and Marine Sciences
- Grand Challenges in Ocean Leadership
- Bayesian Decision Analysis for Fisheries Managemen
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Hydrology & Water Management Aquaculture & Fisheries View 52 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.