The Master of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership program from University of British Columbia is composed of a one-year graduate certificate (HPCTL), followed by two years of graduate course work (MHPCTL).
Through a partnership with the leading national agencies in high performance sport (Own The Podium (OTP), Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), Canadian Sport Institute (CSI) and National Sport Organizations) an exemplary program will be offered using a blended delivery model.
The program will provide a strong foundation for present and future coaches and technical leaders by developing knowledge and skills in the interpretation and use of research, balanced with applied coaching practice.
- Gap Analysis
- Performance Planning
- Coaching Effectiveness
- Directed Field Studies: Practicum
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You are encouraged to apply by mid-February to allow time for your reference letters to be submitted.
DisciplinesCoaching Leadership View 22 other Masters in Leadership in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International14152 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14152 CAD per year during 36 months.
National7937 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7937 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.