The Geological Engineering MEng program from University of British Columbia is entirely course driven although there is a graduating paper students must write.
Emphasis in our graduate courses is placed on case histories and project work that target the integration of field techniques/data with advanced numerical modelling to better understand the importance of underlying processes, mechanisms, and interactions that can affect engineering designs.
The MEng program in Geological Engineering is designed to prepare graduate students for employment in the private and public sector. Recent graduates have taken positions in geotechnical and environmental consulting companies, as well as mining and oil and gas companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Geotechnics
- Field Laboratory in Groundwater Hydrology
- Advanced Groundwater Hydrology
- Geological Engineering: Soils and Weak Rocks
- Transport Processes in Porous Media
- Advanced Rock Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 35 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International21056 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21056 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6193 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6193 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.