This 16-unit coursework and research program in Sports Medicine from University of Queensland has been created specifically for registered general practitioners who want to advance their knowledge and skills in sports medicine.
Develop the clinical knowledge, research and practical skills for evidence-based practice in sports medicine to treat a wide range of athletes and sports people.
The knowledge and skills gained will allow you to provide a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to prevention, treatment and management of sports injuries. You'll be well equipped to treat a range of active people, from amateur sports enthusiasts, elite athletes, children, and those with disabilities or advanced age.
The program offers flexible, work-based learning and is delivered entirely online using proven online learning pedagogies (such as hands-on video tutorials) and discussion forums to allow contact with expert staff and other general practitioners.
- Study a program designed specifically for general practitioners to upskill in sports medicine practice.
- Develop your core knowledge about diagnosing, treating and managing exercise-related injuries.
- Enjoy the convenience of flexible, online, work-based study.
- Learn from expert educators and experienced sports medicine practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Groups in Sports Medicine
- Upper Limb, Head, Neck and Trunk Sport Injuries
- Lower Limb and Lumbar Region Injuries in Sport Medicine
- Clinical Exercise Science for Sports Medicine
- Research Project in Sports Medicine
- Clinical Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 183 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
CRICOS Provider No: 00025B
- An approved degree in medicine and 2 years full-time (or equivalent) post-qualification clinical practice. Applicants must hold registration as a medical practitioner in country of practice.
- The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0
International40640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40640 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National36400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36400 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.