As a community of scholars and practitioners, we come from different disciplinary traditions (philosophy, law, educational administration and management, organizational studies, sociology, policy studies, media studies, Indigenous education).
We bring to the Educational Administration and Leadership program from University of British Columbia an engagement with education undertaken in national and cultural settings in different regions of the world (South East and Western Asia, North America and the Pacific). We believe that this diversity enriches our teaching and exposes students to both Canadian and international experiences and approaches in the field of educational leadership.
Educational leadership is the distinctive and integrating feature of the EDAL program. Education and leadership have powerful meanings. When they are linked a new connotation is created that emphasizes the centrality of education to the pursuit of the good life.
We believe that Educational Leadership is a powerful conduit for a socially just and equitable education in a democratic society. As a community of scholars and practitioners, we strive to improve, sustain, and renew the educational opportunities of all citizens in fair and just ways.
We are committed to forms of educational praxis that integrate research and scholarship into sustainable organizational improvements of schools and other educational settings operating in a variety of contexts and serving a diverse citizenry.
- Adult Learning and Education
- Adult Learning and Global Change
- Educational Administration and Leadership
- Higher Education
- Society, Culture and Politics in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership View 18 other Masters in Educational Leadership in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of British Columbia and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Applicants should apply without contacting individual faculty members prior to the application. Identification of potential faculty members in the application form is optional. Faculty members will review applications of applicants they are interested in and get in touch as part of the applicant evaluation.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 12 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.