The thesis in the Civil Engineering program from University of British Columbia must be approved by a second reader, who may request revisions to the document. The Research Supervisor, in consultation with the second reader, assigns a grade to the thesis.
M.A.Sc. degree candidates registered as full-time students are required to spend at least one winter session at the University. M.A.Sc. candidates may also register as part-time students. In either case the program must be completed within 5 years of initial registration.
What makes the program unique?
The Department of Civil Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most research intensive civil engineering departments. Our faculty members, graduate students and technical staff are engaged in world-renown and leading-edge research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of specialization:
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Systems Engineering
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrotechnical Engineering
- Project & Construction Management
- Structural & Earthquake Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application open dates and deadlines for an upcoming intake have not yet been configured in the admissions system.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 44 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.