This two year full-time Counselling program from University of Queensland will provide you with in-depth knowledge and practical skills for a successful career in professional counselling.
The program is designed for those with an approved degree in social work, psychology, human services, nursing or a related field who want to gain professional counselling qualifications.
The program has a strong focus on integrative approaches to counselling and applied psychotherapy. It seeks to effectively and respectfully enhance outcomes for people struggling with a range of challenges.
You'll study courses that will develop your knowledge and professional counselling skills. You'll learn about research that informs counselling practice, understand key best-practice principles and master how to work with a diverse range of clients.
- Build on your background in social and behavioural sciences, psychology or nursing, and embark on a career in counselling.
- Be confident you're job-ready, with 360 hours of supervised clinical placements.
- Learn from professionals and practising counsellors to gain an accredited qualification.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Crisis counsellor
- Grief counsellor
- Drug and alcohol counsellor
- Relationship counsellor
- Rehabilitation counsellor
- Child and youth counsellor
- Sexual assault counsellor
- Student counsellor
- Family counsellor
- Therapeutic counsellor
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association and the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interpersonal Skills in Counselling
- Theories of Counselling
- Counselling and Mental Health
- Understanding and Caring for Those Affected by Loss
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Ethics and Professional Practice Issues in Counselling
- Family Therapy Traditions: Basic Concepts and Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 90 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
CRICOS code: 048816G
- An approved bachelor degree with demonstrated prior learning in the social and behavioural sciences (e.g. in social work, psychology, social welfare, behavioural studies, human services, nursing, therapies, medicine, or related fields).
- The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0.
International27536 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27536 AUD per year during 24 months.
National6692 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6692 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.