The Master of Agricultural Science offered at the University of Queensland is designed for recent agricultural, animal, biological, plant, or veterinary science graduates, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their skills.
For your 1.5 years of full-time studies, you'll select from nearly 40 courses, including those within one of three specialised fields – Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Protection – allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your interests and career goals.
Graduates demonstrate the ability to apply leadership, research and problem-solving skills to meet the global challenges associated with feeding the world, and maintaining our environment in situations of increasing community expectations of animal welfare, biosecurity concerns, and competition for limited resources. This greatly expands your career prospects into a wide range of government, commercial, community or research-based roles.
- Study at the university ranked number one in Australia in agriculture, for both research and teaching outcomes.
- Learn from research academics who are world leaders in their disciplines, with access to extensive specialist research facilities across two campuses.
- Be exposed to the latest advances in agricultural science, including precision agriculture techniques, genetic technologies and sustainable resource management.
- Apply and sharpen your skills through field visits and laboratory practicals as part of your courses.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Agricultural scientist
- Agricultural consultant
- Extension and inspection officer
- Plant protection adviser
- Agricultural Research Methodologies
- Leadership in Rural Industries & Communities
- Global Challenges in Agriculture
- Advanced Agronomy
- Plant Physiology
- Water & Land Resource Management
- Principles of Weed Science
- Principles of Integrated Plant Protection
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgribusiness Agriculture Botany View 16 other Masters in Agribusiness in Australia
CRICOS Code: 079380G
- Bachelor degree in agricultural science, animal science, biological science, plant science (botany, horticulture or agronomy), veterinary science, wildlife biology, zoology or an approved discipline. UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale
International43456 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43456 AUD per year during 18 months.
National35970 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35970 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.