The main aim of the first semester is to teach knowledge in these areas. This master degree in Sport and Exercise Science is offered by Technical University of Munich. Additionally, we will pursue an active learning concept in order to enable our graduates to better use this knowledge to solve problems, to verbally or orally communicate this knowledge and to act as entrepreneurs. The main aim of the second semester is the hands on teaching of sport and exercise science methods, so that they can be used for research or application.
The main aim of the third semester is to further develop knowledge and to train this knowledge by covering specialized topics. These topics can be related to major conceptual advances (e.g. precision medicine and sport), be relevant for jobs (e.g. sports science support of athletes) or are related to major societal problems (e.g. Doping and corruption in Sport).
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Sport is an important part of the German and of other economies. In Germany the estimate is that 1,765 millionen people work in sport and that sport contributes 3.7% to the gross domestic product Sport and Exercise Scientists are employed by Universities, Clubs, cities, insurance companies, sports associations and sports companies.
- They compete frequently with other graduates. However, the development of key skills such as creativity, problem solving, communication and entrepreneurship will make our graduates competitive in the sports-related job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics and Neuroscience
- Exercise biology, training & health
- Psychology & Social sciences
- Research skills, Auxiliary subjects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 10 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application Print-out (signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma or Subject and Grade Transcript of Studies to Date (certified copy)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (certified copy)
- Letter of Motivation
- Abstract /Exposeé
- Complete and Current Résumé (CV)
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
- Passport (copy)
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- Preliminary evaluation by uni-assist for graduate certificates (i.e. a bachelor's degree) obtained in a country outside of the EU/EEA
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.