The master's program in Power Engineering from Technical University of Munich deepens students' previous knowledge of energy technologies. Students are able to understand innovative methods, technologies and structures in the area of centralized and decentralized power generation. The aim is to develop and apply strategies for ecological, inexpensive and sustainable energy systems.
In addition to furthering core competencies in the areas of mechanical and electrical engineering, the master's program in Power Engineering offers students considerable freedom of choice. Modules are complemented by practical research.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate you are able to deal independently with complex projects in the area of power generation and supply. You are familiar with power plant construction and technologies and are able to interface with all associated disciplines.
- You know the most important processes and methods relating to power generation, energy storage and transmission and can classify and assess these. Your expertise allows you to recognize innovations in the area of electrical power supply and to evaluate their potential.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first semester, students' previous knowledge of various disciplines is deepened through core modules in the area of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- The second and third semesters are devoted to the deepening of specialist knowledge and to an individual focus in the context of elective modules. This phase also includes practical research, where students collaborate on current projects conducted at a teaching or research institute. A seminar deepens the knowledge acquired from the modules and offers a further opportunity to focus on a special topic of research.Students can also supplement their management competencies and self-development through modules from outside the discipline.
- The fourth semester is devoted to the master's thesis, where the accrued knowledge of the discipline and its methods converge in the handling of a major task.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 491 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.