The M.Sc. Nutrition and Biomedicine from Technical University of Munich focuses on the interfaces between human biology, nutritional science and medicine. It follows an interdisciplinary approach to current topics in modern nutrition and biomedicine.
Its key features are the development, prevention and treatment of complex nutrition-related diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and cancer.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- As a graduate, you are qualified to pursue a career in a wide variety of fields ranging from basic research in biochemistry to applied experimental research and product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Further opportunities arise in the food industries and its related sectors as well as in public and private research institutes.
- The first two semesters focus on compulsory courses in the core areas of Nutrition and Biomedicine.
- The third semester offers a wide range of elective courses. These are accompanied by the research internship.
- The fourth semester is dedicated to the master’s thesis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Nutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 51 other Masters in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Freising
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.