The M.Sc. Nutrition and Biomedicine from Technical University of Munich focuses on the interfaces between human biology, nutritional science and medicine. It follows an interdisciplinary approach to current topics in modern nutrition and biomedicine.
Its key features are the development, prevention and treatment of complex nutrition-related diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and cancer.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- As a graduate, you are qualified to pursue a career in a wide variety of fields ranging from basic research in biochemistry to applied experimental research and product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Further opportunities arise in the food industries and its related sectors as well as in public and private research institutes.
- Basics Nutrition and Food
- Advanced Metabolism
- Disease Pathologies and Nutrition
- Basics in Computational Biology
- Nutrition and Biomedicine.
- Energy Balance and Regulation
- Food and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Nutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 29 other Masters in Biomedicine in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Munich and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 138 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 138 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Freising
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.