The Master in Landscape Architecture (LA) is an official program of the Faculty of Architecture at the Technische Universität München (Technical University of Munich).
- According to the concept of two-staged study programs, it builds up on the Bachelor program in "Landscape Architecture and Landscape Planning" (BSc) at the TUM. It is open to graduates of equivalent study courses at other universities.
- It is a scientific study-program, combining aspects of planning, artistic creativity and technical knowledge in the field of Landscape Architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA deepens the academic profile and broadens the technical scope of study in landscape architecture in order to prepare for leadership positions in professional practice and in research and development activities at national and international level.
- It is based on a relevant Bachelor’s degree at the TUM or other institution of this level, equivalent to the German Diplomingenieur degree, and entitles students to take up doctoral studies.
- The standard period for the MA is four semesters for students with a six-semester Bachelor's degree and a work experience of one semester (or internship abroad from 2010), and three semesters for students with an eight-semester Bachelor's degree with integrated internship.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 13 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.