Music Therapy is the evidence-based therapeutic use of music for promoting emotional, cognitive, social and physical integration and recovery.
As an arts therapy approach it has the potential to contribute to activation, stabilization and recovery in the context of prevention, acute intervention, and rehabilitation. In both research and clinical practice, there is an increasing interest in music therapy approaches as an important addition to standard care.
The professional context of music therapists is not limited to traditional areas of practice such as psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, or special education.
The master course of Music Therapy at SRH Hochschule Heidelberg qualifies the student for clinical practice, working with children and adults in the following core fields:
- Psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy
- Pediatrics, children and youth psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Neurology (early rehabilitation, rehabilitation, and psychosocial post-care)
- Pain, psycho-oncology, palliative care
- Trans- and interdisciplinary, evidence-based practice This foundation allows students to transfer skills to other areas of practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental instrumental skills
- Clinical psychology
- Neurology & quantitative research Methods
- Basic musical competencies
- Clinical placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Music
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, of at least six semesters’ duration in one of the following disciplines: music/music studies, psychology, medicine, social pedagogy and similar degrees
- Individual exceptions are possible, but require special approval
- Personal and artistic eligibility
- Proof of English: IELTS 6.5 TOEFL iBT 80 (TOEFL code of SRH: 7712) Duolingo Certificate 95 PTE Academic 58 or other proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
EU/EEA690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
- 690 EUR per month + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR. Applicants from countries with visa obligation need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.