The aim of the Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology master program from Technical University of Munich is to convey advanced knowledge of applied geology. Elective modules allow for the creation of an individual study profile in the areas of engineering geology and hydrogeology.
Engineering geology, as a field of geotechnical engineering, provides the link between the disciplines of geosciences based on natural science, and engineering sciences. Engineering geologists deal with the investigation of natural underground phenomena as well as the associated development of derived models that respond to technical questions concerning such phenomena.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate you possess a broad spectrum of competencies, skills, and knowledge in the area of applied geology, and specifically with regard to engineering geology and hydrogeology.
- You operate on the interface between the geosciences and engineering sciences, understand technical geological problems, and grasp interdisciplinary connections. You present geological features of sites with precision on maps and profiles, and use appropriate field, laboratory, and computational methods in your work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first three semesters cover discipline-specific fundamentals in the areas of engineering geology and hydrogeology. These are accompanied by laboratory and project work. Additionally, in the second and third semesters, elective modules provide the opportunity to specialize on an individual basis.
- The fourth semester is devoted to the master’s thesis, in which students’ acquired knowledge and methodological competencies converge.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology Hydrology & Water Management View 4 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.