The master's program in Civil Engineering offered by Technical University of Munich deepens knowledge of the discipline and its methods acquired during the bachelor's program in Civil Engineering or a related program. Central to the master's program is the individual's choice of specialization, which can be tailored through a range of in-depth electives.
Students choose four of the in-depth electives offered. The fourth can be substituted for an individually-tailored course of study that draws on the subject matter of disciplines, such as architecture, mechanical engineering, or computer science. One of the chosen disciplines serves as the main subject area, so as to meaningfully structure course content around a specific professional role. Each area of specialization involves both compulsory and elective modules from the entire range of courses offered at the Technical University of Munich, including in the area of languages and communications.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate you possess enhanced skills and competencies in the cross-disciplinary areas of civil engineering. You are able to deal independently with complex tasks relating to your specialization. In your activities you take into consideration social, economic and ecological aspects, as well as discipline-related ones.
- Moreover, you have broadened your knowledge in your chosen subject areas and developed an individual set of competencies. Your interdisciplinary approach allows you to apply your specialist knowledge beyond the boundaries of your discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural mechanics
- Structural physics
- Construction process management
- Construction maintenance
- Computation in engineering
- Energy-efficient and sustainable planning and construction
- Foundation engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics und tunnel construction
- Wooden structures
- Real estate development
- Concrete structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application Print-out (signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma or Subject and Grade Transcript of Studies to Date (certified copy)
- Transcript of Records (certified copy)
- Letter of Motivation
- Complete and Current Résumé (CV)
- Passport (copy)
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- German or English Language Skills (certified copy)
- Preliminary evaluation by uni-assist for graduate certificates (i.e. a bachelor's degree) obtained in a country outside of the EU/EEA
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.