DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
Engineering acoustics is an exciting research area focusing on multidisciplinary studies of sound and vibration phenomena.
One of the fundamentals of sound is that it is always perceived by someone, which is why MSc graduates in Engineering Acoustics have a direct influence on people’s lives—be it by improving speech intelligibility for the hearing impaired, reducing hazardous noise levels in residential areas and working environments, or improving the sound reproduction from a loudspeaker system.
The Engineering Acoustics programme attracts students from all over the world seeking to expand their knowledge of acoustics and become experts in the field. This means that you will be part of an international study environment with focus on exciting interdisciplinary studies of sound and vibration phenomena.
Study programme focus
The MSc Engineering Acoustics programme at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) thus offers a large number of courses dealing with human hearing and reaction to sound, acoustic measurement methods, electroacoustic systems, architectural acoustics, environmental acoustics, and noise and vibration control.
The choice of courses in the students’ individual study plan offers a high degree of flexibility. Therefore, you have every opportunity to design your own study programme and career by choosing from the wide range of courses offered at DTU.
You can pursue a career with manufacturing companies, firms of engineering consultants, research institutions, and universities. Our graduates have found jobs with:
- Bang & Olufsen
- DPA Microphones
- Bruel & Kjær
- GN Resound
- Lloyds Register ODS
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Acoustics and Noise Control
- Acoustic signal processing
- Acoustic Communication
- Technology, economics, management and organisation (TEMO)
- Knowledge-based Entrepreneurship
- Electroacoustic Transducers and Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic General Engineering & Technology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent), in natural science or technology, obtained at an internationally recognized university, are eligible for enrolment, if they comply with the following academic requirements.
- The bachelor degree must be less than 10 years old.
- The individual MSc Eng programme states in detail which bachelor programmes qualify and whether applicants have to complete supplementary educational activities.
- Requirements for supplementary educational activities can equate to up to 30 ECTS credits and are specified in the form of a list of courses under the individual MSc Eng programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.