The overall aim of the course is to:
- Provide a deep and comprehensive understanding of the current electric/hybrid electric vehicles technology, concepts and challenges.
- Develop academic and practical skills in electric power related areas such as electrical machines and drives, power electronics and batteries, covering all aspects of the vehicle’s powertrain.
- Develop a solid background on vehicle electronics, signal processing and communications needs and challenges.
This Electrical Automotive Engineering course at Coventry University aims to educate graduates, typically from a mechanical/automotive engineering background, in the modern area of electrical automotive engineering and provides a valuable qualification for this growing and expanding market.
Graduates in electrical and electronic engineering, computer hardware and software engineering and other related technical subjects such as mathematics or physics would also have the required background to study this course and re-focus their know-how in automotive technology.
Electrification of transportation is one of the most rapidly expanding markets, while manufacturers are seeking appropriately educated engineers to cover the needs in all aspects of electrical and electronic engineering focusing on electric vehicles.
Specialisation in this particular area could significantly enhance your career prospects and may provide excellent opportunities for a challenging, well paid and interesting job.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power semiconductors and converters
- Sensor and measurement technology
- Automotive electronics and embedded systems
- Global Professional Development – Entrepreneurship
- Automotive cybersecurity
- Automotive networking and signal processing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Automotive Engineering View 110 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants would normally be expected to possess a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in a mechanical or automotive engineering subject, but applications from graduates in electrical and electronic engineering, computer hardware and software engineering and other related technical subjects such as mathematics or physics, would also be considered.
- Applicants without these formal qualifications, but with several years of experience in a position that would normally be occupied by an honours graduate from the above subjects who could evidence being able to benefit from the course will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
£4,000 (Work placement option additional fee)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.