DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
Electrical Engineering —from power production through electrical equipment to wireless communication and robots—has a significant impact on societal development. This development calls for highly qualified engineers with specialized expertise in one of the many disciplines of electrical engineering.
Study programme focus
Focus is on systematic problem solving and synthesis, and you will acquire specialized knowledge in an area of your own choice. More specifically, the study programme will provide you with sound hands-on experience through laboratory work and the application of IT-based design tools.
The MSc programme in Electrical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) allows you to specialize in one of the five study lines:
- Automation and Robot Technology
- Electric Energy Systems
- Space Technology
- Wireless Engineering
The MSc in Electrical Engineering offers extensive career opportunities. You can be employed with all types of companies—from large multinational groups to small businesses with few employees. You can also pursue an international career, either through a Danish company or directly with a company abroad. Furthermore, you can become self-employed and start your own business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Spacecraft Systems and Design
- Electroacoustic transducers and systems
- Linear control design
- RF communication circuits
- Advanced microwave techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 4 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to DTU’s MSc programme in Electrical Engineering must have completed a BSc in Electrical Engineering or another relevant course of study.
- Applicants should possess good qualifications in basic mathematics and physics as well as in electrical, electronic and electromagnetic technology. It is also recommended that applicants are acquainted with signal processing, programming and control. It is also important have experience with theoretical and experimental work.
- Other applicants must be able to document that they possess corresponding qualifications and will be assessed individually.
- The bachelor degree must be less than 10 years old.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.