On this Forensic Psychology course at Sheffield Hallam University, you'll study both psychological theory and practice.
You'll focus on investigative psychology, the role of psychology within criminal justice processes, and how offenders are assessed and treated. Upon graduation, you'll be prepared for a range of worthwhile career paths.
This course prepares you to go on to Stage 2 of the chartership process, or further postgraduate study such as a PhD.
The course also prepares you for a career as a
- crime analyst
- police officer
- interventions facilitator
- assistant psychologist
- trainee probation officer
- appropriate adult
- youth justice worker
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- Applied Forensic Consultancy
- Assessment And Formulation
- Dissertation And Continuing Professional Development
- Investigative Psychology
- Legal And Criminal Justice
- Offender Treatment And Interventions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Criminology Clinical Psychology View 837 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- You should have successfully completed an undergraduate honours degree in psychology (2:1 or above). Undergraduate honours degrees in criminology or other relevant disciplines may also be considered. It would be helpful if your previous studies included research methods.
- If you have successfully completed an undergraduate honours degree in psychology (or other relevant discipline) with a 2:2, you may be considered if you can satisfy the course team that you have the ability to complete the course (e.g., through evidence significant work experience in criminal justice, or successful completion of other relevant postgraduate study).
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.