The Theology and Religious Studies programme at Bishop Grosseteste University will cover the burning contemporary issues that surround Religious Studies today and delve into life’s great questions. You will be able to explore the ideas and curiosity that have gripped the human race from the time we began to decorate the walls of our caves until the time we launched ourselves beyond our stratosphere and into outer space.
Throughout this MA you will develop your ability to frame a theological or philosophical argument, gain expertise in interpreting sources and acquire a greater appreciation of the rich variety of religious experiences in our world.
A few key modules will allow you to explore religious dialogue and conflict, explore the theology of literature, film and television, contribute to the contemporary debate between believers and non-believers, and discover the philosophy of religion.
Careers & Further Study
This would be an excellent programme for anyone wanting to pursue a career in any area of religious or philosophical education, including teaching at a Primary, Secondary or Higher level. It would also be a very useful degree to take into social work, counselling, clerical life, youth work, or work within the heritage sector.
- On the Shoulders of Giants: Great Religious Thinkers from Plato to Pannenberg
- Theology in Fiction, Film and Fantasy
- A Requiem for Reason: the Rise of Modern Fundamentalism
- War of the Worlds: Religions in Conflict and Dialogue
- The God Question: Theism, Agnosticism and Atheism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 248 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- You will need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, normally an undergraduate honours degree in a Humanities or Social Sciences related subject (or equivalent).
- In addition, all students will need to pay £57.20 for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service. A successful Enhanced Disclosure is required before commencing the course.
International14280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.