Energy for Sustainability from University of Coimbra aims at developing its students' abilities to contribute to interdisciplinary interventions in areas such as the efficient use of energy, centralized or decentralized energy production, or the distribution of energy, always under a sustainable development perspective, with competences in the technological domains associated to these areas, as well as the domains of economics and the environment; they acquire capacities to analyze systems and their interrelations; they are able to develop projects and tackle complex problems concerning the energy-environment binomial.
- Sustainability Departments from Large Companies,
- Companies in the Energy,
- Departments of Research Development,
- Design and Consulting Companies
- Transportation Companies,
- Urban Planning
- Energy in Buildings and Urban Environment
- Indoor Climate and Comfort
- Indoor Energy Systems and Energy Policies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 9 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent in areas of economics, management, engineering, architecture or in a degree that has at least 30ECTS together in the areas of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this Process, in the areas referred to in
- Holders of a higher academic degree obtained abroad that is recognized as satisfying the objectives of the degree of licenciado by the Scientific Council of the Organic Unit responsible for the cycle of studies
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA1600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Coimbra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.