Key changes in population characteristics (for example ageing), the growth of lifestyle diseases (for example obesity) and the widespread nature of the mental health crisis mean that skilled public health leaders and innovators are in demand.
You’ll gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the importance of public health; and skills in leadership, teamwork and innovation; as well as practical skills that are essential to public health practice.
- You'll be prepared for the 21st century public health workforce through this future-oriented course.
- You'll receive in-depth training in areas essential to modern public health practice, such as health systems, environmental health, global health, interdisciplinary teamwork and advocacy.
- You'll develop your knowledge and skills in domestic or international public health practice, through skills-based education that reflects global standards.
- You'll graduate with a qualification that will enable you to make a difference in a variety of health leadership roles in a variety of sectors, having developed broad foundational knowledge and skills relevant to all aspects of public health.
- You'll pursue one of three specialisations: Professional Practice, Cross Disciplinary Studies, Research.
- This Master of Public Health at Macquarie University was acknowledged at the Global Innovation Awards, winning the ‘Turnitin Moving Forward with Integrity Award for Australia and New Zealand’.
- Health departments
- Clinical or community public health settings
- Government and non-government organisations
- NGOs concerned with health, human rights, Indigenous issues
- Local and International aid organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Biological, Environmental, Social and Behavioural Determinants of Health
- Health Law, Economics and Policy
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Systems Science in Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 326 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 090596K
To apply for an undergraduate program, international students will need to have completed one or more of the following academic qualifications:
- A recognised senior secondary school qualification or university entrance examination, such as the New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC) or other equivalent Australian or overseas high school qualification
- A recognised university Foundation course
- A recognised 2 or 3-year Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- At least one year of a university degree from a recognised institution
International35600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.