Actuaries advise government, financial institutions and other organisations about financial management, risk management, product design and complex transactions. They are key to helping financial institutions and other businesses all over the world to prosper.
In this Master of Actuarial Practice at Macquarie University, you'll learn how to apply mathematical, statistical, economic and financial analysis to a range of practical problems in long-term risk management, finance and insurance.
- You'll complete part, or all, of the Part I and II professional qualifications of the Australian Actuaries Institute, subject to demonstrating superior academic performance in the relevant units.
- You'll undertake a range of units in actuarial science, statistics, finance and economics.
- You'll have the opportunity to complete a research project as well as a capstone unit.
- Completion of this degree can lead to well paid and rewarding career opportunities in the insurance, financial services and banking industries, and in the quantitative modelling of consumer behaviour and data analytics.
- The actuarial qualification has international recognition and many of our graduates work in international financial centres such as London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Actuarial Control Cycle
- Actuarial Modelling
- Statistical Inference
- Statistical Theory
- Mathematics of Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 21 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083775K
To apply for an undergraduate program, international students will need to have completed one or more of the following academic qualifications:
- A recognised senior secondary school qualification or university entrance examination, such as the New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC) or other equivalent Australian or overseas high school qualification
- A recognised university Foundation course
- A recognised 2 or 3-year Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- At least one year of a university degree from a recognised institution
International39200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.