The Public Health programme at University of Bradford develops students into future healthcare leaders who understand health policy, community change, human behaviour change, or health service design.
The programme places emphasis on leadership and strategic thinking, developed through comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research, analysis and evaluation. It is tailored to the demographic and epidemiological challenges of contemporary urban societies - the diseases of affluence and ageing, and the marginalized and vulnerable populations produced by these kinds of settings.
A practical degree with instant international recognition, an MPH is the "MBA" of the health world - one that will add both prestige and practice skills to enhance or change your current career.
The University of Bradford works in partnership with Public Health England to offer a continually evolving contemporary programme. This partnership and approach enables the programme team to support students as they develop the relevant skills and knowledge for their future careers in Public Health.
Graduates will be equipped to address contemporary Public Health challenges such as changing health demographics, health inequalities, and problems of access, quality, and continuity of care. It will help healthcare professionals to find creative policy solutions and implement tailored practice-interventions.
Graduates will be change agents identifying ways to address health problems but also to innovate by building on community and health service assets to enhance the quality of life for people in a safe, ethical and cost effective way.
- Research in Contemporary Public Health
- Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Communicable Diseases
- Social Policy, Public Health and Leadership
- Research in Contemporary Public Health continued
- Health Needs Assessment in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1755 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bradford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates must hold a 2:1 honours degree or the overseas equivalent in a medical, health or social sciences subject.
- Applicants with a 2:2 honours degree and a minimum of two years professional public health related experience may also be considered.
- A degree level professional qualification in an appropriate subject, normally with some experience in the broad field of public health will also be considered.
- English language IELTS 6.5.
- If you do not meet the IELTS requirement, you can take a University of Bradford pre-sessional English course. See the Language Centre for more details. For further information on English Language requirements please see the dedicated international entry requirements page.
International19494 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19494 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7744 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7744 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £3,872 per year
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.