You’ll evaluate research and advanced scholarship in areas of legal study such as human rights law, immigration and refugee law, international banking and finance law, and international environmental law.
With a range of optional modules available alongside the core curriculum, you’ll be able to tailor the International Legal Studies programme at University of Bradford to your areas of academic interest and your career aspirations.
You’ll learn from School of Law academics with significant research expertise and international legal experience in areas including:
- social justice
- criminal law
- human rights
- energy and environment
- competition law
- intellectual property
You do not need to have studied law at undergraduate level to take the LLM in International Legal Studies. If you have not previously studied law, you will take a two-week Introduction to Law course before the start of the programme to ensure you are familiar with the basic legal institutions and sources of international and English law.
Graduates go on to pursue a variety of paths, including careers in business, legal practice, teaching and academia.
- Foundations of Law and Skills
- Sustainable Development Law in Contemporary Business & Society
- Regulatory Theory and Practice
- International Intellectual Property Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Environmental Law
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- International Commercial Contracts and E-Commerce
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Legal Studies View 298 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bradford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2:2 or above in a relevant subject (a relevant subject would include all social science, humanities and business and management programmes).
- Non-law graduates will be required to successfully complete a two-week Introduction to Law course before the start of Semester 1.
- IELTS at 6.5 or equivalent.
- If you do not meet the IELTS requirement, you can take a University of Bradford pre-sessional English course. See the Language Centre for more details. For further information on English Language requirements please see the dedicated international entry requirements page.
International19494 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19494 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7744 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7744 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £3,872 per year
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.