The range of courses is diverse, interdisciplinary and university-wide. The degree programme continues on from the practical and theoretical knowledge that students have acquired in a relevant bachelor's programme, enabling them to extend and deepen their knowledge as well as to develop a specialisation. They develop in-depth knowledge of analysis, algebra, stochastics, numerical mathematics and discrete mathematics.
Furthermore, students in the Mathematics programme at Karl-Franzens University of Graz have the opportunity to choose a focus area, thus individualising their education. Depending on the chosen focus area, students acquire comprehensive knowledge of the following areas: Theory and numerics of partial differential equations, financial and actuarial mathematics, algebra and discrete mathematics, continuous and discrete optimisation, statistics or the application of mathematics in engineering.
- Graduates of the master's programme have a broad range of knowledge and skills in the field of mathematics as well as of mathematical methods and tools.
- In addition, they have specialised in particular areas. Graduates are able to make appropriate use of mathematical modelling of processes in technology, business and the natural sciences as well as to critically interpret results.
- Furthermore, they can explain complex matters to specialists and laypersons as well as adapt flexibly to new developments.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Algebraic Structures
- Applied Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 11 other Masters in Mathematics in Austria
- Copy of passport
- Original evidence of accomplished Bachelor/ Diploma (transcript of records and degree diploma)
- In the country where the Bachelor/Diploma degree was received, original evidence of admission to equivalent Master studies also stating general duration of this study programme at a recognized university for the semester/year in which admission in Graz is sought (EU/ EEA citizen excluded)
- prove your English language competence
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.