Ghent University's programme Master of Science in Sustainable Materials Engineering materials aims at the study of properties, production or extraction, processing, use and recycling of a whole range of materials. This implies:
- description and modelling of properties of material
- schemical, mechanical and thermal processing aspects in materials engineering
- effect of the chemical composition and processing conditions on the structure and properties of materials in view of optimal performance
- behaviour of materials in different user circumstances and how degradation can be limited.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fracture and Deformation Behaviour of Materials
- Structure and Dynamics of Polymers
- Polymer Processing
- Micro-analysis and Structure Determination in Materials Science
- Materials Science Thermodynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Sustainable Development General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who wish to enrol for the Master of Science in Sustainable Materials Engineering can enter the programme without any prerequisites if they hold the following diploma: an academic diploma of Bachelor (or Master) of Science in Engineering (university level, minimum of three years), with the main subject in Chemical Engineering and/or Materials Science and/or Civil Engineering and/or Engineering Physics and/or Electromechanical Engineering, or an equivalent to this.
- Admission can only be granted after an individual application procedure. The Study Programme Committee will make the final decision whether to accept the application or not. The Study Programme Committee can decide that students need to follow a preparatory course or an individual master’s programme, for instance for students who hold another diploma of Bachelor or Master.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.