The Master of Science in Chemical Engineering offered at Ghent University offers students a comprehensive training to master the fundamental chemical engineering principles. A chemical engineer has to ensure the design, construction, improvement and maintenance of installations and equipment in the chemical industry. As a graduate in chemical engineering you will be skilled to innovate, to manage an entire installation as well as to acquire a detailed insight in the performance of its individual parts and their interaction. This requires a combination of abstract reasoning but also of common sense, aiming at a practical implementation. Of course, you will also be trained to be involved in and lead research and development.
As a graduate you will typically be employed in the chemical process industry. In addition, other companies where chemical transformations are implemented in the manufacturing process, such as the polymer, textile, food, pharmaceutical and environmental sanitation industry, offer various career opportunities
- Chemistry of Industrial Processes
- Sustainable Chemical Production Processes
- Structure and Dynamics of Polymers
- Kinetic Modelling and Simulation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Chemical Technology
- Thermal Installations
- Chemical Reactors: Fundamentals and Applications
- Computer Control of Industrial Processes
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who wish to enrol for the Master of Science in Chemical Engineering can enter the programme without any prerequisites if they hold the following diploma: an academic diploma of Bachelor (or Master) of Science in Engineering (university level, minimum three years), with the main subject in Chemical Engineering and/or Materials Science or an equivalent to this. Admission can only be granted after an individual application procedure. The Study Programme Committee will make the final decision whether to accept the application or not. The Study Programme Committee can decide that students need to follow a preparatory course or an individual master’s programme, for instance for students who hold another diploma of Bachelor or Master.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.