You explore topics including:
- The analysis, politics and prevention of terrorism
- Globalisation and organised crime
- Security and the state
The hacker ethic
- Human rights
The Organised Crime, Terrorism and Security course offered by the University of Essex provides excellent preparation for further academic study, and many of our postgraduates go on to successful academic careers, both in the UK and overseas.
Employment opportunities for graduates of this course include careers in security, policing, research, intelligence and justice professions.
Others have established careers in non-governmental organisations, local authorities, specialist think tanks, government departments, charities, media production, and market intelligence.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate Taught Project and Academic Skills
- Organised Crime: Global and Local
- Critical Perspectives on Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Sociological Research Design
- Global Security Challenges
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security Cyber Security View 153 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree with aa overall 2:2, or international equivalent, in a Social Science, Humanities, Statistics or Maths. Your degree must also include at least two quantitative or research methods modules (this can also include the research project/dissertation).
- Applications from students with a degree below a 2:2 or equivalent, or a non-social sciences degree will be considered dependent on any relevant professional or voluntary experience, previous modules studied and/or personal statement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £4,600
- International fee: £9,870
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.