It is the medium for expressing knowledge about many physical phenomena and is concerned with patterns, systems, and structures unrestricted by any specific application, but also allows for applications across many disciplines.
Why this programme
- The School has a strong international reputation in pure and applied mathematics research and our PGT programmes in Mathematics offer a large range of courses ranging from pure algebra and analysis to courses on mathematical biology and fluids.
- In the Mathematics - Applied Mathematics programme of the University of Glasgow you will be taught by experts across a wide range of pure and applied mathematics and you will develop a mature understanding of fundamental theories and analytical skills applicable to many situations.
- You will participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme, are taught by internationally renowned lecturers and experience a wide variety of projects.
- Our students graduate with a varied skill set, including core professional skills, and a portfolio of substantive applied and practical work.
Career opportunities are diverse and varied and include academia, teaching, industry and finance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algebraic and Geometric Topology
- Continuum Mechanics And Elasticity
- Differential Geometry
- Fluid Mechanics
- Functional Analysis
- Further Complex Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 200 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree with a substantial Mathematics component which covers Differential equations, Linear algebra and Vector multivariate calculus and includes two of the following subjects:
- Complex analysis
- Group theory (or groups)
- Numerical analysis
- Real analysis
A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
One reference letter on headed paper
Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time fee: £1,217 per 20 credits
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.